Recent wedding music Posts
Photo: McCory James and Jo Julia Ramsey of Elevate Photography
It’s the climax of a wedding ceremony–the moment after you say, “I do”– your family erupts in a wave of applause as you walk down the aisle together to your favorite tune. There are several classic selections for the recessional, including Etta James’ “At Last,” Antonio Vivaldi’s “Spring” or Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March,” but you can also choose a more modern, upbeat one that inspires your guests to stand up, cheer you on and get the party started! Here are a few of our favorites:
1. “1 + 1″ by Beyonce
2. “Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
3. “Whatever It Is” by Zac Brown Band
4. “You Make My Dreams” by Hall and Oates
5. “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
6. “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + The Machine
7. “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” by Barry White
8. “Forever” by Chris Brown
9. “Stuck Like Glue” by Sugarland
10. “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
What do you think of these picks? Share your recessional song in the comments below!
Photos by (left to right): Image Singuliere; The Bird & The Bear Photography & Film
This week, we’ll be sharing our top music picks for various moments throughout the wedding day. The processional, or walk down the aisle, is such an important part of the wedding day, and the music played should feel special, romantic, emotional, and dramatic, all rolled into one. There are several classic selections for the processional, including “Canon in D” by Pachelbel, Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus,” and Clarke’s “Trumpet Voluntary,” but you can also choose a more modern song to play as you walk down the aisle. Here are a few of our more contemporary processional favorites.
1. “Ave Maria” by Beyonce
2. “Feels Like Home” by Chantal Kreviazuk
3. “Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)” by The Verve
4. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
5. “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
6. “In My Life” by the Beatles
7. “Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
8. “A Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder
9. “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
10. “I Do” by Colbie Caillat
What do you think of these picks? Share your processional song with us in the comments!
Photo by Cory Ryan Photography
Looking for the right tune for your first dance as a married couple? We’ve compiled what we think will be the hottest first dance songs for 2013.
- “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “You Are My Rock” by Beyonce
- “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Just a Kiss” by Lady Antebellum
- “Home” by Phillip Phillips
- “Without You” by David Guetta ft. Usher
- “As Long as You Love Me” by Justin Bieber
- “Heartbeat” by the Fray
- “Kiss Me” by Ed Sheeran
For more ideas for your first dance song (or any of the other important wedding-day tunes), check out our song gallery. And let us know what you’ll be dancing to in the comments!
Photos (from top to bottom): Cathy Stancil Photography and CINEMATICbyDavidM
Whether you’re planning a wedding on a budget or not, you still want your guests to be entertained and kept on the dance floor all night long. Here’s some tips to help you decide between a DJ or band:
1. Ask for recommendations.
2. See them perform live before you hire them.
3. Consider the size of your venue.
4. Think about playing music for all age groups.
Photo by Visionyard Photography
Have you selected your first dance song yet? If not, we have a few ideas to help get you started. We’ve compiled this summer’s top 10 first dance songs from our Songs Gallery and are excited to share them with you. We love that some are more current hits, others a bit more old school. They come from different genres and different artists, but hopefully they’ll inspire you – click the links to hear them! Whether you’ve selected one of these tunes or something else, let us know what first dance song you’ve chosen in the comments!
- “‘Cause I Love You” by Lenny Williams
- “‘Til Kingdom Come” by Coldplay
- “(Today I Met) The Boy I’m Gonna Marry” by Darlene Love
- “18th Floor Balcony” by Blue October
- “1, 2, 3, 4″ by Plain White T’s
- “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson
- “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo
- “Best Friend” by Tim McGraw
- “Amazed” by Lonestar
- “At Last” by Etta James