Recent Wedding Ideas Posts
Photo: Laura Murray Photography
Looking for some truly unique extras for your wedding ceremony and reception? From oversized floral cascades on cakes (with a more haphazard assortment and placement of blooms) to unexpected floating pool letters and appropriately placed signage (cue groom pointing above to “best day ever”) to a date mason jar guestbook for guests to share their best ideas for the new Mr. and Mrs., click here to see what’s wowed our editors lately.
Photo by F/Stop Poetry
After you get engaged it can be daunting to figure out where to start. Fortunately, WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide will help you get organized to begin planning your wedding, stress-free. Want a sneak peek? Check out the five wedding planning steps we recommend:
- Announce Your Engagement – Share one of our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ – friendly badges with family and friends. Our favorites? “We’re Gettin’ hitched,” “I have a sparkly new accessory!,” and “Bridezilla to-be.”
- Set a Date – You’ve probably heard this question over and over since two minutes after you got engaged. “When’s the big day?” “Have you set a date?” Break out your calendar and figure out the season and date for your wedding celebration. Once you have that taken care of, receive a FREE personalized checklist to help you stay organized throughout the process.
- Create a Budget – Before you start searching for vendors, you’ll need to figure out how much you can spend on your wedding. Use our budget tool to manage your expenses, track spending, and set up payment schedules.
- Start Your Guest List – Are you going to have a big wedding with all of your nearest and dearest or a small and intimate one? While you don’t have to have your final guest list right away, you’ll still need an estimate in order to figure out your venue needs.
- Find Your Venue – Ballroom or beach? Barn or historic mansion? There are so many venues to choose from, so be sure to read our expert advice to figure out your venue style. And with WeddingWire’s vendor catalog, you can read newlywed reviews of venues near you to find the perfect place for your wedding celebration.
Want even more tips and advice about starting to plan your wedding? Visit WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide!
Ready for more? Click here to see what’s next!
We’ve always loved Pinterest for its endless inspiration. And just when we thought it couldn’t get any better – it has!
WeddingWire was one of the first to try out Pinterest’s new Place Pins. With our new Place Pins, we make it easy for you to find local wedding content that inspires, and view the source of your wedding inspiration on a map. Voila! Just like that, finding wedding inspiration online – and making it come to life offline – is a little easier.
We’ve had so much fun curating content for our Place Pins from coast to coast and everywhere in between, and we hope you enjoy exploring them. Visit any of our newest place boards to find inspiration in your area:
Are you a capital area bride and groom? Check out Bo Obama’s picks for the city’s most fetch wedding venues. Getting hitched in a unique locale? Let us take you to some of the nation’s most uncommon venues. We’ve pinned all that and more.
If you’re looking to go beyond the traditional DJ and band entertainment, here’s what we’re predicting to see more of in 2014:
Slow Motion Photo Booths – This video sensation went viral at the end of August, and everyone’s been asking, “What’s a slow motion photo booth?” According to Super Frogs Saves Tokyo, they used a RED Epic camera that shot 160 frames per second! Now, that’s a lot of photos. Since the music is muted, be sure to have Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” playing in the background.
By: Leeor Pilo
If you’re planning a summer wedding, you know that with all the goodness warm weather brings, heat and humidity can become an issue—especially when it comes to your hair. Don’t fret! Stay smooth & sleek on your big day with these ‘dos that will keep you clear of frizzy tresses.
Photo (from left to right): ShutterChic Photography and Christina Watkins Photography
Accessorize – Need to tame those pesky fly-aways? Hide them under a gorgeous floral wreath or tuck a piece of hair behind your ear and finish it off with a fresh flower. If you’re going for a more vintage-glam look try feathers or an art deco hair pin. Pinning your hair back will smooth it away from your face and keep you frizz free. Don’t forget the hairspray!
Photo: Posh Styling
Apply Product – Serums and mousse are essential to sleek shiny hair. To get coveted lush curls that will last all day apply serum to damp hair and mousse before styling. This will help prevent your hair from absorbing the moisture in the air typical of a hot summer day. But don’t go overboard – you still want your hair to have a natural look.
Photo (from left to right): Steph Photography, Inc. and Jessica May Photography
Braids & Updos – If updos are more your style, opt for a braided look to tame those tresses. Organizing your hair in a braid or fishtail before pinning it up keeps it safe from the summer breeze and gives you an effortlessly chic bridal look for your wedding day. A romantic chignon or a top knot bun are also both excellent style options to keep hair smooth and sleek.
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Wedding Hair & Makeup, Wedding Ideas
Tags: Christina Watkins Photography, Inc., Jessica May Photography, Lace and Lilies, Posh Styling, Steph Photography, summer braids, summer hair accessories, summer hair products, summer hairstyles, summer updos, wedding hair & makeup