With everything from guest lists, caterers and the general chaos of wedding planning, it can be easy to forget about the smaller details of the big day. Your hair is an essential part of your wedding day look, and our Fashion Editor has gathered the top 10 styles of the year to inspire you. Whether you want a glamorous updo or cascading waves, there’s sure to be something for every bridal style. And don’t forget to check out WeddingWire’s beauty and health photo galleries for even more inspiration too!
Recent Wedding Hair & Makeup Posts
Categories: Fresh Ideas, Ideas + Trends, Wedding Hair & Makeup
Tags: Beauty, Braided Hairstyles, Curly Hair, Down Hairstyles, Hair, Long Hair, Partial Updos, Short Hair, Straight Hair, Top Wedding Hairstyle for 2014, Updos, Wedding Hairstyles
In honor of New Year’s Eve, our Fashion Editor gathered 15 utterly adorable (and affordable!) accessory ideas you can wear not only on your big day but also long after too. From elongated Art-Deco earrings that will set off your updo and loose curls out on the town to an evening box clutch that will look just as good with your wedding gown as your pair of skinny jeans, she’s found lots of ways to make you S-P-A-R-K-L-E!
Looking for a dazzling detail to add to your ‘do? Whether you’re a vintage bride wanting a birdcage veil or brooch to match your short or tea-length wedding dress, a classic bride wanting a cathedral veil to match your long-sleeved lace wedding dress, a glamorous bride wanting a crystal tiara or headband to match your ballgown, or boho chic bride wanting a fabric flower or floral wreath to match your ruffled wedding dress, here’s a photo gallery of our favorite wedding day hair accessories that suits every bride’s style.
By: Leeor Pilo
Photo: Maryland Wedding Makeup
Alright ladies, we all know we want to look and feel our best on our wedding day, and the right makeup artist can significantly alleviate some of our biggest beauty woes. But with all the new technology in makeup products and applications, it can get confusing to know which makeup artist and method is right for you! Your pretty face is in your makeup artist’s hands, not literally, of course — well kinda, so you should feel confident that they know exactly how you want to look. Check out WeddingWire’s vendor reviews, and ask the studios and beauticians you’re considering this list of questions.
First, get the logistics out of the way:
1. How do I book you for my wedding date and do you require a deposit? Do you charge a travel fee? The answer to these questions will help you organize your budget and get yet another item checked off your list when planning for your wedding.
2. Will it be you at my wedding or another artist? What happens if you can’t make it? Larger studios may have more than one artist on hand so make sure that the professional you’re seeing at your trial-run will be the one who comes on the day-of. This is the person you’ve discussed the details and developed a report with. It’s important to know ahead of time that they’ll be there for you at your wedding. Also, what will happen in the event of an emergency? Get the facts now so you can rest easy the night before your wedding.
3. How many weddings have you done? Do you normally work with brides? Makeup artists, who work with brides exclusively, will understand your needs better than a makeup artist with another area of expertise.
4. Do you accommodate bridal parties? If your girls are interested in getting their makeup done too, ask whether your makeup artist can provide services to your entire crew and what the extra cost will be.
Now onto beauty:
5. Do you have a portfolio I can look at? The makeup artist’s portfolio will give you a better gauge in knowing whether they can provide the look and feel you want for your wedding day makeup.
6. What makeup products do you use? How do you clean your brushes and tools? If you have sensitive skin or severe acne, this is a MUST-ASK for you! Communicate your skin allergies to your makeup artist so he/she knows in advance what products may or may not work for you.
7. Do you use oil-free products or products with SPF? Don’t forget to protect your skin on your wedding day! Summer brides especially should know whether the makeup used will be melt-proof and protect your skin from the hot sun.
8. Do you sell the cosmetic products you use? Even the longest-wearing lipstick may need a touchup or two, (especially with all that kissing!) Find out where you can find some of the same items your makeup artist will use ahead of time in order for you to reapply as needed after the ceremony or before the reception.
9. Do you offer air-brushing, false lashes, tattoo coverage or other specialized services? If you’re interested in any of these services, it’s good to research whether makeup artists, who can provide them or not.
10. Do you specialize in a certain look? If your makeup artist loves a wedding day smokey eye but you prefer a more natural look, find a makeup artist that understands your desired look and executes on them.
Photo: Jennifer Baumann Photography
Last week, we launched our second e-magazine, WeddingWire’s FallBook 2013. It’s overflowing with this season’s top cakes, centerpieces, bouquets, favors, and boutonnieres full of red, orange, yellow and brown hues, textures, and foliage to inspire your fall wedding decor. And that’s not all! Some of our favorite sections? Check out which wedding and bridesmaid dresses are trending across the USA, how-to pair a statement necklace with your wedding dress, and which outfits to wear to your engagement session. If you’re looking for great advice, we’ve got that too, in the form of tips from some of our favorite wedding experts on saving money without sacrificing style. (Yes, it can be done!)
We’re also excited to share with you a sneak peek at two NEW WeddingWire features. Get a sneak peek of our new and improved wedding websites, and our super-cool makeover tool. Upload a picture of yourself to test the results and be sure to take the beauty quiz to discover your celebrity look.
So curl up with a mug of hot cider, and get inspired with our FallBook!
Categories: Cakes + Confections, Decor, Etiquette + Advice, Favors + Gifts, Ideas + Trends, wedding dress, Wedding Flowers, Wedding Hair & Makeup, Wedding Website
Tags: fall engagement session outfits, Jennifer Baumann Photography, statement necklaces, trending dresses across the USA, WeddingWire FallBook 2013, WeddingWire wedding websites, WeddingWire's makeover tool