Photo: Luminaire Images
Gorgeous wedding flowers don’t have to come with an over-the-top price tag. Here are five tips to keep in mind as you work with your florist to create stunning floral arrangements for less.
1. Prioritize - Determine which aspects of your floral decor are most important to you and allocate your funds accordingly. You may have your heart set on a more elaborate bride bouquet but not be as particular about your aisle markers, for example.
2. Stay in Season - Importing out-of-season blooms can get pretty pricey. If you’re tying the knot in October, dahlias and mums are going to be far more budget-friendly than say, tulips or peonies. Opt for locally grown, in-season blooms to keep costs at bay.
3. Supplement with Unique Accents - Mixing in creative, non-floral materials is a cost effective way to add volume, texture and dimension to your arrangements. Popular choices include cotton, feathers, berries, wheat, paper flowers, curly willow, pinecones and moss.
4. Use Greenery - Greens like ferns, ivy, herbs and ornamental grasses are perfect for filling out floral arrangements without breaking the bank. Top picks include banana leaves, eucalyptus, dusty miller, lambs ear, sword fern and lily grass.
5. Multi-Purpose - Plan arrangements that can easily be used at both your ceremony and your reception, even if they are taking place in separate venues. You might have two large arrangements placed atop pillars near the altar at the ceremony and then transported to a welcome table or place card table for the reception, for example.
Photo: Jennifer Baumann Photography
Last week, we launched our second e-magazine, WeddingWire’s FallBook 2013. It’s overflowing with this season’s top cakes, centerpieces, bouquets, favors, and boutonnieres full of red, orange, yellow and brown hues, textures, and foliage to inspire your fall wedding decor. And that’s not all! Some of our favorite sections? Check out which wedding and bridesmaid dresses are trending across the USA, how-to pair a statement necklace with your wedding dress, and which outfits to wear to your engagement session. If you’re looking for great advice, we’ve got that too, in the form of tips from some of our favorite wedding experts on saving money without sacrificing style. (Yes, it can be done!)
We’re also excited to share with you a sneak peek at two NEW WeddingWire features. Get a sneak peek of our new and improved wedding websites, and our super-cool makeover tool. Upload a picture of yourself to test the results and be sure to take the beauty quiz to discover your celebrity look.
So curl up with a mug of hot cider, and get inspired with our FallBook!
Hunting for beautiful blooms for your fall wedding? Take advantage of the season’s rich tones and unique textures! Here are our favorite fall flowers to inspire your autumn arrangements.
Photo: Figlewicz Photography
There are many possibilites when it comes time to choose your ceremony decor, especially when you want your aisle markers, arches or altar arrangements to match your theme. So, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites alternatives for any summer soiree:
Rustic – Burlap is an inexpensive fabric that is a must-have at any rustic affair. Add to your archway along with unique paper flowers.
Photo: Sarah Kathleen Photography
Dress up your summer ceremony with these fresh, fun aisle accents!
Photos (from left): Gia Canali, Claudia Kay Photo
Herbs – pretty bushels of fresh herbs like sage, rosemary or lavender make lovely, understated accents and smell wonderful, too!