Recent Honeymoons Posts
The fall season is known for its vivid colors and just-right weather; the perfect combination for a romantic honeymoon. Whether you prefer mountain views or calming waterfront scenery, autumn is a great time to enjoy nature and each other’s company. Read on to learn more about some gorgeous destinations for bright leaves and intimate getaways:
1. The Alps: The Alps expand across the European nations of France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia; all of which boast beautiful views of these enchanting mountains. Autumn colors scattered on the Alps in France, Italy, and Austria make for an unforgettable honeymoon experience while tours in Austria and Switzerland add some excitement to your trip.
2. New England: From the gold leaves around the city of Boston to the foliage surrounding apple orchards in Vermont, New England has plenty of breathtaking destinations for autumn-lovers. In Massachusetts, visitors can lose themselves in the warm colors near the coast on Cape Cod or through the winding roads of the Berkshires. Maine’s variety of vibrant maples and oaks allow honeymooners to enjoy hours of harvest festivals or just take relaxing strolls through its charming forests.
3. Aspen, Colorado: Aspen was named after a well-known tree which turns bright golden-yellow and ignites Colorado scenery in September. With the Rocky Mountains, Twin Lakes, and the Maroon Bells wilderness area, there are plenty of photo opportunities for you and your loved one to cherish for years after your picture-perfect honeymoon.
4. England: Not only does New England have impressive foliage, but so does ‘old England.’ Hop across the pond to visit castles surrounded by brilliant hues and small villages with crisp autumn mornings. England’s Lake District has much in the way of colorful waterfront scenes complete with swans and sailboats. Not far from the lakes is Lancaster, a historic town that’s full of natural beauty.
5. Asheville, North Carolina: With temperatures in the 60s and 70s, Asheville is the ideal destination for honeymooners who want to enjoy autumn’s beauty but don’t want to bundle up too much. Enjoy magnificent leaf displays during the day then cozy up at a sweet bed and breakfast in the heart of western North Carolina’s largest city. The Blue Ridge Mountains have one of the longest leaf seasons, so you don’t have to worry about missing peak colors- even if your wedding date is set for late October.
Have you figured out where you’re going on your honeymoon? Whether you’re looking for a spot that’s low-key and relaxing, a destination that’s full of culture, or a trip that’s more adventurous and active, be sure to check out our brand-new honeymoon section to research honeymoon spots and exciting offers.
Before you pick a honeymoon destination, talk to your significant other about your interests, personalities, and what’s most important to you in a locale. Check out these stories for some ideas:
Looking for a honeymoon spot with amazing cuisine? Best Honeymoon Destinations for Foodies
Want a beach honeymoon that’s anything but boring? Best Beach Honeymoon Activities
Want the ultimate in peace and quiet? Secluded Honeymoon Beaches
Prefer chillier climates to the beach? Ski Honeymoon Ideas
Hoping for a honeymoon that’s totally “green”? Eco-Friendly Honeymoons
Already decided on your destination? Tell us about it in the comments!
Daniel and Stephanie Krotov’s Real Honeymoon at Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
After being shown around the resort, we were taken to our gorgeous ocean front room on the second floor. Our patio had its own private Jacuzzi! It was truly paradise. Oh, and they also had a “Honeymoon” banner on our door as soon as we arrived. (It’s really the little things that made it truly an amazing experience.)
Though we could have spent every single second on the resort without ever being bored, we did decide to do two excursions: ziplining and Bavaro splash. Ziplining was amazing and I believe that the one in DR is the biggest in the world. Such an adrenaline rush, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Bavaro splash included taking a trip to Bavaro beach, snorkeling, SNUBA and speedboat racing. I would highly recommend this excursion too.
Guest Post By: Brandon, co-founder of Traveler’s Joy
Complete with lush rainforest, secluded coves, undulating mountains, and vibrant communities, the Caribbean island nation of St. Lucia has emerged as a magnet for honeymooners.
Its spectacular scenery alone also makes it one of the most romantic destinations in the Caribbean. But then add St. Lucia’s fabulous resorts, unique outdoor pursuits, dynamic cuisine, and energetic culture, and you’ve got a world-class honeymoon choice.
Feel the Pulse of St. Lucia
From music festivals to carnival celebrations, St. Lucia packs in exciting cultural events and colorful galas throughout the year. In fact, the island is renowned worldwide for many of its celebrations, including the heralded St. Lucia Jazz Festival. Held each May, this much-anticipated event showcases local and international artists for two weeks of wonderful music.
In between soulful shows, indulge in St. Lucia’s one-of-a-kind restaurant scene. With Creole, West Indian, and European influences at work, plus a focus on many other island flavors and local ingredients, the country is a gastronomic hotspot. Start with an unforgettable creole meal featuring views of the Pitons at La Haut Plantation before checking out Coal Pot Restaurant on the waterfront in Castries.
For a most memorable honeymoon, look to line up your upcoming visit with one of St. Lucia’s national events. In addition to the annual jazz festival, Carnival (July), the National Flower Festival (August), and the International Creole Day (October) all feature colorful displays, parades, and dancing.
When deciding on your honeymoon location, a lot of us just think that The Bahamas means Nassau/Paradise Island. But the 700 Islands Of The Bahamas are filled with world-class resorts, boutique hotels, and unique destinations. Because there are so many places to choose from, we’ve narrowed down the most popular Bahamas honeymoon destinations to give you some insight into the endless options to fit your dream getaway as newlyweds.
The Exumas are an exotic collection of tiny jewels set in the most beautiful aquamarine and sapphire water you’ve ever imagined. Great Exuma Island, together with the Exuma Cays offer an amazing variety of honeymoon possibilities, from resorts and hotels with luxury amenities to hidden coves, you’ll feel as though you are newlyweds on your own private island.