Heading off on your honeymoon soon? Admist packing all the travel basics like clothing and shoes in your suitcase, you can’t forget to confirm all your reservations too! Properly place all your paperwork in a secure spot. Get jet-set-chic with any of these stylish passport covers here.
Recent Honeymoons Posts
Looking to add some cute carry-on suitcases to your registry for that amazing post-wedding trip? And for pretty much every vacation thereafter. Do you research on the different types available (i.e. rolling, duffel, garment, and weekender), then check out our Travel Editor’s of-the-moment stylish picks that are totally worth lugging to and from the airport here.
Sponsored by Palladium Hotels & Resorts
Last week, we hosted a fabulous and lively Twitter Party featuring wedding expert Karen Bussen for Palladium Hotels & Resorts. We got lots of wonderful questions and Karen shared lots of fabulous advice (plus we gave away a three-night stay to the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa to one lucky winner), so we just wanted to share some of the highlights in case you missed the chat.
The fall season is known for its vivid colors and just-right weather; the perfect combination for a romantic honeymoon. Whether you prefer mountain views or calming waterfront scenery, autumn is a great time to enjoy nature and each other’s company. Read on to learn more about some gorgeous destinations for bright leaves and intimate getaways:
1. The Alps: The Alps expand across the European nations of France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia; all of which boast beautiful views of these enchanting mountains. Autumn colors scattered on the Alps in France, Italy, and Austria make for an unforgettable honeymoon experience while tours in Austria and Switzerland add some excitement to your trip.
2. New England: From the gold leaves around the city of Boston to the foliage surrounding apple orchards in Vermont, New England has plenty of breathtaking destinations for autumn-lovers. In Massachusetts, visitors can lose themselves in the warm colors near the coast on Cape Cod or through the winding roads of the Berkshires. Maine’s variety of vibrant maples and oaks allow honeymooners to enjoy hours of harvest festivals or just take relaxing strolls through its charming forests.
3. Aspen, Colorado: Aspen was named after a well-known tree which turns bright golden-yellow and ignites Colorado scenery in September. With the Rocky Mountains, Twin Lakes, and the Maroon Bells wilderness area, there are plenty of photo opportunities for you and your loved one to cherish for years after your picture-perfect honeymoon.
4. England: Not only does New England have impressive foliage, but so does ‘old England.’ Hop across the pond to visit castles surrounded by brilliant hues and small villages with crisp autumn mornings. England’s Lake District has much in the way of colorful waterfront scenes complete with swans and sailboats. Not far from the lakes is Lancaster, a historic town that’s full of natural beauty.
5. Asheville, North Carolina: With temperatures in the 60s and 70s, Asheville is the ideal destination for honeymooners who want to enjoy autumn’s beauty but don’t want to bundle up too much. Enjoy magnificent leaf displays during the day then cozy up at a sweet bed and breakfast in the heart of western North Carolina’s largest city. The Blue Ridge Mountains have one of the longest leaf seasons, so you don’t have to worry about missing peak colors- even if your wedding date is set for late October.
Have you figured out where you’re going on your honeymoon? Whether you’re looking for a spot that’s low-key and relaxing, a destination that’s full of culture, or a trip that’s more adventurous and active, be sure to check out our brand-new honeymoon section to research honeymoon spots and exciting offers.
Before you pick a honeymoon destination, talk to your significant other about your interests, personalities, and what’s most important to you in a locale. Check out these stories for some ideas:
Looking for a honeymoon spot with amazing cuisine? Best Honeymoon Destinations for Foodies
Want a beach honeymoon that’s anything but boring? Best Beach Honeymoon Activities
Want the ultimate in peace and quiet? Secluded Honeymoon Beaches
Prefer chillier climates to the beach? Ski Honeymoon Ideas
Hoping for a honeymoon that’s totally “green”? Eco-Friendly Honeymoons
Already decided on your destination? Tell us about it in the comments!