They’ve gone through the ups and downs of wedding planning, said, “I do,” and traveled to their destination honeymoon less than 24 hours after their reception. Well, if they can do it, so can you! That’s why we’re turning to our favorite featured real wedding couples to share their best (and honest) advice. Lillian, pictured above with her husband Ross, said, “Remember that at the end of the day, the wedding is a celebration not only of your love for each other but also the tremendous amounts of love you both have in your lives. So, be mindful of how significant the day may be not only to the two of you but also to your parents, grandparents, etc.” Want to read more? Click here.
Recent Etiquette + Advice Posts
Design Inspired By Jean M
In case you didn’t know, WeddingWire recently re-launched ALL of their wedding website designs! Perfect timing for those who recently got engaged, right? If you’re starting to plan a contemporary wedding, choose one of these modern wedding website designs. From geometric patterns and big, bold fonts, you’ll be able to find one that suits your personal style. View more here or start your FREE wedding website today!
Photo: Crystal Madsen Photography
Deciding who should be in your wedding party isn’t always the easiest decision. Do not fear — WeddingWire’s editorial team is here with their top tips, including picking your nearest and dearest family and friends, making sure the size is proportional to the number of guests attending, but doesn’t have to be even, mixing it up is okay (meaning the groom’s side can have girls and the bride’s side can have boys), and remembering that you don’t have to have a maid of honor, best man, flower girl or ring bearer.
Photo by F/Stop Poetry
After you get engaged it can be daunting to figure out where to start. Fortunately, WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide will help you get organized to begin planning your wedding, stress-free. Want a sneak peek? Check out the five wedding planning steps we recommend:
- Announce Your Engagement - Share one of our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ – friendly badges with family and friends. Our favorites? “We’re Gettin’ hitched,” “I have a sparkly new accessory!,” and “Bridezilla to-be.”
- Set a Date - You’ve probably heard this question over and over since two minutes after you got engaged. “When’s the big day?” “Have you set a date?” Break out your calendar and figure out the season and date for your wedding celebration. Once you have that taken care of, receive a FREE personalized checklist to help you stay organized throughout the process.
- Create a Budget - Before you start searching for vendors, you’ll need to figure out how much you can spend on your wedding. Use our budget tool to manage your expenses, track spending, and set up payment schedules.
- Start Your Guest List - Are you going to have a big wedding with all of your nearest and dearest or a small and intimate one? While you don’t have to have your final guest list right away, you’ll still need an estimate in order to figure out your venue needs.
- Find Your Venue - Ballroom or beach? Barn or historic mansion? There are so many venues to choose from, so be sure to read our expert advice to figure out your venue style. And with WeddingWire’s vendor catalog, you can read newlywed reviews of venues near you to find the perfect place for your wedding celebration.
Want even more tips and advice about starting to plan your wedding? Visit WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide!
Ready for more? Click here to see what’s next!
Having trouble writing your vows? We get it — love isn’t easy to explain. That’s why WeddingWire’s editorial team has gathered the most witty and wisest quotes, from historians to authors and celebrities to TV and movie characters, to inspire you! Read more here.