Recent Engagement Photos Posts
Photos (from left to right): One Summer Day
Can you guess where these two lovebirds got engaged? On the couch at home with the help of their two pups! Since Ekaterina and Baris live in two different parts of the country — California and New York City — they decided to re-visit one of their old stomping grounds for an engagement session. “We picked the National Cathedral because it had a beautiful garden, Evergreen trees, and great architecture,” Ekaterina said. It might have been 50 degrees outside, but that didn’t keep them from cozying up for a picnic, complete with wine, music, and board games. View more photos here.
Let’s face it, everyone is a sucker for a romantic love story. Do you find yourself reminiscing about the time your fiance got down on one knee to pop the question? Hurry over to WeddingWire’s SpringBook 2014 to read the proposal stories of how 13 brides got engaged, and bonus: the engagement ring styles most are rocking.
Photo: Tirzah Photography
Can you guess where these two lovebirds got engaged? In front of Rockefeller Center’s Christmas tree in New York City! The day of the proposal, Ashley and Scott had made surprise plans for each other. Beginning with a scavenger hunt leading to “The World’s Best Cup of Coffee” restaurant from the movie Elf, Empire State Building, ice skating in Central Park, and ending with a celebratory dinner at Asiate overlooking Columbus Circle. Read more here if you want to know what the engagement ring looks like. (Hint: it’s a colored gemstone.)
Photo: Leah Marie Photography
Can you guess where these two lovebirds got engaged? On a hot air balloon! It only made sense that Floriza and Reycie incorporated an “up, up and away” theme into their engagement session. ”We wanted to reenact a fun, picnic scene in a secluded park,” she said. White netting hung from an oak tree to create a canopy; inside, were decorative pillows, blankets, and books, and outside, were fresh strawberries, cheese and crackers, chocolate cupcakes, and a bottle of raspberry champagne. Let’s not forget the bicycle too! View more photos here.
Photo by F/Stop Poetry
After you get engaged it can be daunting to figure out where to start. Fortunately, WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide will help you get organized to begin planning your wedding, stress-free. Want a sneak peek? Check out the five wedding planning steps we recommend:
- Announce Your Engagement - Share one of our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ – friendly badges with family and friends. Our favorites? “We’re Gettin’ hitched,” “I have a sparkly new accessory!,” and “Bridezilla to-be.”
- Set a Date - You’ve probably heard this question over and over since two minutes after you got engaged. “When’s the big day?” “Have you set a date?” Break out your calendar and figure out the season and date for your wedding celebration. Once you have that taken care of, receive a FREE personalized checklist to help you stay organized throughout the process.
- Create a Budget - Before you start searching for vendors, you’ll need to figure out how much you can spend on your wedding. Use our budget tool to manage your expenses, track spending, and set up payment schedules.
- Start Your Guest List - Are you going to have a big wedding with all of your nearest and dearest or a small and intimate one? While you don’t have to have your final guest list right away, you’ll still need an estimate in order to figure out your venue needs.
- Find Your Venue - Ballroom or beach? Barn or historic mansion? There are so many venues to choose from, so be sure to read our expert advice to figure out your venue style. And with WeddingWire’s vendor catalog, you can read newlywed reviews of venues near you to find the perfect place for your wedding celebration.
Want even more tips and advice about starting to plan your wedding? Visit WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide!
Ready for more? Click here to see what’s next!