Recent Bridesmaids Posts
True, you don’t need to wear something new to your bachelorette party. But we saw several dresses at New York Bridal Market that would look just perfect at a bachelorette celebration, and wanted to share:
Dresses by (clockwise from top left): Dessy Collection, Bari Jay, Noir by Lazaro, Ivy & Aster. Dessy, Bari Jay, and Ivy & Aster photos by Robert Mitra; Noir by Lazaro photo courtesy of JLM Couture.
Outdoor Wine Tasting: Maybe you’re going for a more low-key event, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress up and look cute. This little white dress by Dessy Collection is sweet and feminine – though you’ll need to be extra careful when sipping those reds!
Trip to the Beach: If you’re planning a destination bachelorette party, pack a dress that’s lightweight and airy, like this style by Bari Jay. And you’ll totally stand out in the bright tropical pink hue (the “Bachelorette” sash will probably help, too!).
Girls’ Dinner: We love the versatility of this Noir by Lazaro dress. Whether you’re heading out for dinner and drinks, a night of silly karaoke, or checking out a comedy show, this belted number will look cute and appropriate.
Night on the Town: Dancing the night away? Pick a short feathered style that will look amazing while you’re rockin’ with your girls. We’re obsessed with this Ivy & Aster dress – it’s sexy and whimsical all at once.
What are you wearing to your bachelorette party? Tell us in the comments!
Post Sponsored by Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts
Photo courtesy of Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts
Like destination weddings, destination bachelorette parties are becoming more and more popular – and for good reason. What could be more fun than taking a trip with your best girlfriends to celebrate your upcoming nuptials? We asked Marsha-Ann Brown, Director of Romance for Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts for her best tips on planning the ultimate girls’ getaway.
What factors should bridesmaids consider when choosing a location for a destination bachelorette party?
With friends and family spread all over, sometimes picking a location for a bachelorette party that’s on neutral territory makes the most sense. For example, if your cousins are from New York and your college friends from Texas, you might decide to meet somewhere like Atlantic City, or you might even invite everyone to jet off to an exotic location like South America or the Caribbean. Also, keep in mind the interests of the bride. Does she love to shop, sight see, party non-stop, or relax? Pick a destination that offers the activities and attractions you know she will enjoy most. Budget can also be a big factor in determining what works best for everyone, and a helpful hint is to keep the weather at the destination in mind when picking a location.
Photo by: Rennard Photography
While there’s nothing wrong with bidding adieu to bachelorette-hood with a wild night on the town, it may not be every bride’s cup of tea. Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives which are slightly more subdued but just as much fun. Round up the girls for an unforgettable celebration with any of these low-key bachelorette party ideas.
1. Spa Day – spend a relaxing afternoon getting pampered with mani/pedis, massages and facials.
2. Wine Tasting – tour a vineyard or organize a pairing with delicious appetizers and desserts.
3. Girl’s Night In - slip into some cozy pajamas and slippers and spend the night chatting, playing games, sipping girly drinks, noshing on popcorn and watching favorite movies with your best friends.
4. Dinner Party – host a dinner party at home! Enjoy a nice evening with the girls, whipping up an elaborate meal and enjoying it together.
5. Cooking Class – get the group together for a fun hands-on cooking lesson at a local restaurant or culinary school.
6. Glamping – hop on the “glamorous camping” trend and bring a little luxury to the great outdoors. Enjoy nature from the comfort of a furnished canvas tent!
7. Comedy Show – grab a bite to eat before catching a stand-up act or improv performance at your local comedy club.
8. Dance Class – book a private intro class at a local dance studio and get moving!
9. Day at the Beach (or Pool) - spend a full day lounging by the water, reading magazines, chatting and sipping chilly beverages in sunglasses and floppy hats.
10. Theme Park – ride the roller coasters, catch a show, play some games and indulge in a little ice cream and funnel cake!
Dresses by (clockwise from top left): Bari Jay; Berta; Olia Zavozina; Ivy & Aster. Photos by Robert Mitra
Pier 92 was the hub of this season’s New York Bridal Market, full of exciting new wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories. It was so much fun to check out the new collections from mainstays and brand-new design houses. Check out just a sampling of the collections that showed at Pier 92 here:
Bari Jay Bridesmaid Dresses: Love the rainbow of colors in this bridesmaid collection. Our favorites? The black lace peplum mini, the beach-worthy multicolor gown, and the on-trend chartreuse.
Berta Wedding Dresses: These wedding dresses hug the figure in all the right places. It’s definitely a sexy collection, but totally feminine at the same time.
Ivy & Aster Wedding Dresses: We loved how whimsical Ivy & Aster’s dresses are. From a textured tea-length style to a black-and-white feathered mini to a patterned romantic gown, lots of unique styles here.
Olia Zavozina Wedding Dresses: This collection features a mix of form-fitting, glam gowns, and more demure styles. We all swooned over the pink gown featured above.
Dresses by (from left): Dessy Group; Eden Bridals. Photos by Robert Mitra
The black-and-white trend has spread from wedding dresses (hello, Vera Wang!) to bridesmaid styles. We saw several styles for ‘maids that featured white bodices and black skirts – it’s such a chic and modern look. And, particularly when you choose a short black-and-white style, you can totally throw a black blazer over the dress and wear it to work!
What do you think of this trend? Would you choose a black-and-white style for your bridesmaids? To view all of the new looks from New York Bridal Market, visit our Fashion Ideas page.