Recent WeddingWire Social Posts
Photo courtesy of Stella & Dot
Austin brides, here’s an event just for you! Join WeddingWire and Stella & Dot at the WeddingWire Social Austin on Monday, September 29th from 6 to 8 p.m at the W Austin. You’ll learn about the latest in wedding fashion trends and accessories with WeddingWire Fashion Editor Sarah Zlotnick and Stella & Dot Star Stylist Whitney Fields, and mix and mingle with local Austin couples. And of course, there will be complimentary cocktails and snacks to enjoy!
Attendees can enjoy 50% off all Stella & Dot jewelry when they spend $50 or more, and have the chance to win some amazing prizes, from a Kindle Fire HD 6, Stella & Dot jewelry, and a $150 AWAY Spa gift card.
Want to join the fun? The event is free, but we recommend registering in advance. Visit the WeddingWire Social Austin page to learn more about this fun event and to register.
Categories: Bridal Shows, Events, Ideas + Trends, Wedding Jewelry, WeddingWire, WeddingWire Social
Tags: austin bridal shows, Austin Weddings, bridal shows, texas bridal shows, texas events, Texas Weddings, Wedding Events
Hello, fellow brides-to-be! My name is Caitlin, and I’m a member of the editorial team here at WeddingWire. I’m also recently engaged and planning my real-life wedding as we speak. Throughout the entire process, I’ll be giving you insight on my experiences until I walk down the aisle. First, it was wedding dress shopping and all the surprises that come along with, and then, it was registering for surprising necessities. Next up: attending WeddingWire Social DC, a local event that brings together engaged couples.
1. Met New Friends (& Found A Wedding Date Twin) – Yes, it was a happy hour for engaged WeddingWire employees, but turns out, they also brought other brides- and grooms-to-be too! Warning: You will meet a couple who has the same wedding date as you, and you will have to take an Instagram #selfie along with your engagement ring bling.
2. We <3 Our Vendors – We all dished about our favorite vendors, and it was fun to compare notes on who we booked and why.
3. Insider Planning Tips – The #1 must-have tip of the evening: purchase travel insurance. You never know if you will have unexpected bad weather or cancellations.
4. Major Stress Relief – Other than confiding in family, friends, and your bridal party, this was the largest group of engaged couples I’ve been around, let alone in the same room. We became each other’s support system!
5. Free Swag – What’s better than rocking WeddingWire sunglasses and koozies? The a “I’m the Bride!” and “I’m the Groom!” stickers were a fun accessory, too.
To find out more information on hosting your own WeddingWire Social, visit our forums!
Last week, a group of brides-to-be (and a groom, too!) gathered in Baltimore for the first WeddingWire Social! The group gabbed about all things wedding planning, from decor to dresses, so we asked organizer Rachel (pictured to the left) to dish on some of the hot topics of the evening:
Biggest Wedding-Planning Headaches:”We all agreed that finding a videographer and figuring out our families’ roles in planning our weddings have been the hardest parts. Also, dealing with unwanted guests!”
Most Excited About: “We all love our venues. It was fun to hear about everyone’s venues – they’re all so different, from golf courses to catering halls and hotels. We were all trading ideas about how to set up the different venues, and add decor.”
Best Dresses: “We all were really excited to show each other photos of our dresses!”
Top Color Schemes: “Purple and orange was the most popular color scheme in our group. Purple is definitely the hot color this year!”
Interested in attending a WeddingWire Social near you? We’ll have more information in our forums soon!
Categories: WeddingWire Social