Lindsey & Matthew
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Instead of renting tons of glasses for drinks, we purchased mason jars and painted a ring of chalkboard paint around the top of each jar. Our guests could write their name at the top of their jar, in chalk of course, and these also served as the favors the guests could take home. It was a creative way to save more than a few dollars, and our guests loved them!
2. Our programs for the wedding ceremony were my pride and joy! I’ve sat at weddings before and been completely bored and wondering when it would end, so I definitely didn’t want our guests to feel that way! I tried to make them as funny and creative as possible, to keep the guests engaged throughout. It was affirming when so many of the guests commented on the programs and even took pictures of them!
3. I’m not a huge fan of cake, so we decided to have a table full of individual pies instead. Our caterer was happy to make the flavors we wanted, and we stuck with traditional southern recipes-strawberry rhubarb, chess and apple. Every guest got their own mini pie, and as a budget conscious bride, it was much more affordable than having a wedding cake, since the caterer simply included the dessert cost in our overall cost per person. Matthew and I were also able to take the leftover pies on our honeymoon, and we had a different flavor each night for dessert!
2. Give us one moment from your wedding you cannot stop thinking about.
After the ceremony, as the guests were filing out through the front of the church, Matthew and I spent a few minutes alone in a room “hiding.” It was such a quick, little intimate moment, but it gave us just enough time to laugh, cry and revel in the fact that we were MARRIED!