Samara & Jeremy
Q & A with the Bride & Groom:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know that it was the one?
The big, beautiful exotic trees and the ceremony area right next to palm trees and the ocean. It was such a perfect setting to walk down the aisle.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our musicians – Shea Derrick and Full Flavor worked with us on which kind of music we wanted and played an eclectic selection of our choices and theirs, live! They let us pick songs that they would learn and sing, and our guests were amazed since the covers sounded so awesome. It was a mix between Shea singing, a guitarist, and a DJ, and they were fabulous!
2. The food – Aloha Events catered and bartended. We made a custom around the world menu with dishes from different countries we’ve traveled to. The food was superb, and the staff was great!
3. The cake – Maui Wedding Cakes designed a custom cake that looked like a mountain. We ordered rock climbing figurines from MyWeddingDolls.com that were designed to look like us, which were placed on the cake as rock climbers. Figurines of our two dogs were on top of the cake. The designer used string for the climbing rope. We gave her an extremely unique cake request, and she nailed it.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Bride – Walking down the aisle and seeing my soon-to-be husband waiting for me. The look on his face filled my heart with so much joy and love, and I knew I was feeling the same thing he was – overwhelming happiness to spend the rest of our lives together.
Groom – We secretly took dance lessons once a week for like 5 months. We wanted a dance with big lifts and choreography that would blow our guests away. We couldn’t decide between her choice, Pearl Jam’s “Love Reign O’er Me” and my choice, O.A.R.’s “Hey Girl,” so we decided to do 2 dances. Our first one was for our first dance “Love Reign O’er Me” was formal and dramatic. Much later in the night, we surprised everyone with another dance. “Hey Girl” was swing and playful, and I lifted Samara over my head a few times. So much fun. We undertook a huge challenge, but it was my favorite memory. No one expected a dance like that, let alone two dances!